Friday, May 8, 2015

Mother's Day

So, Mother's Day. A day dedicated to mothers. Which has always been about my mother. As well as my grandmother and, later, my stepmother. Also, every four years, it is my birthday.

And, because I just have that kind of luck, my first Mother's Day is ALSO my birthday this year. I'm not sure if that makes it more or less weird. I still can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that, since I am now a mother, Mother's Day is for me too.

Maybe, when KittyBaby is older, it'll feel more "for me"? Though, I'm not sure how. I mean, so far, all I've done is make sure she doesn't die, but, some days that does feel like a serious accomplishment, despite her age of a mere seven weeks.

My first Mother's Day will consist of a nice barbeque at my mom's followed up with purple cake for my birthday. Because purple cake. And my mom knows what I like. I'll even put on a bra. However, I can't promise I won't wear more than a tank and a pair of KittyPapa's gym shorts. Mostly because it is suddenly hot as hell out and I'm not tolerating it too well.

So, Happy Mother's Day to all my mothers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive